Standalone Mode Features:
- Emergency/SOS – Trigger an SOS from anywhere in the world with automatic GPS location tracking. Interact with 24-hour emergency monitoring center via two-way text messaging to describe the nature of your distress in detail and stay in touch throughout the rescue process.
- Send and receive text messaging — Send and receive160-character, free-form text messages to and from any cell phone number, email address, and other inReach users. View and respond to incoming messages directly on the screen.
- Convenient, quick messaging — Send simple, predefined text messages to email and cell phone contacts for anticipated situations.
- Follow-me/find-me tracking – Turn on and off tracking to share your GPS coordinates, course, speed and elevation in real-time with friends and family. Tracking intervals can be configured between 10 minutes and four hours.
- Delivery confirmation – Audible alerts, built-in LED light, and on-screen cues confirm communication with the satellite and indicate two-way message delivery.
- Social media posting – Send out a message or create a post via Facebook or Twitter.
Paired Mode Features:
Transform your mobile device into a global satellite communication and navigation tool when you pair your inReach via Bluetooth with our Earthmate app:
- Real-time GPS location, tracking and text messages are overlaid on the digital maps for easy navigation and position location from anywhere in the world.
- Unlimited downloadable topographic maps and NOAA charts on your paired mobile device when downloaded via an Internet connection. Unlike streaming maps on most cellphone apps, downloaded DeLorme maps remain cached in the Earthmate app even when you’re outside cellular coverage.
- Automatically syncs with your mobile device’s address book for easy message sending
- View all your previous trips and messages
Exclusive Online Features:
- Give family and friends peace of mind with the ability to see your GPS coordinates, breadcrumb trail and initiate a message exchange with you from DeLorme’s exclusive MapShare portal.
- Manage your inReach device with our Explore portal, including:
- Pre-load messages to your inReach.
- Set-up access to your social media accounts.
- View all your previous trips and messages.
- Manage your account and settings, including emergency contacts.
- Update your inReach firmware.
- Rugged, durable housing that is waterproof/dustproof (IP67; standard submersion to 1 meter for 30 minutes) and impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810F for vibration/shock).
- Length: 2.44 in (6.2 cm)
- Width: 1.02 in (2.6 cm)
- Height (including antenna): 5.87 in (14.9 cm)
- Weight: 7.05 oz (200 g)
- Operational temperature range: -4 F to 140 F (-20 C to +60 C)
- Storage temperature range: -40 F to 185 F (-40 C to +85 C)
- Battery charging temperature range: 32 F to 113 F (0 C to +45 C)
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5 meters
- GPS fix reports position, speed, course, and elevation with each track or message sent
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery delivers about 100 hours of operation in tracking mode
- Color screen with predictive, virtual keyboard for standalone two-way messaging
- SOS locking mechanism complies with RTCM SC-128 for satellite emergency notification devices (SEND); prevents false alarms and supports one-handed gloved operation
- Pairs via Bluetooth with Apple iOS or Android devices
- 100% global coverage via the Iridium satellite network
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing