Radio licensing is commonly misunderstood.  If you are operating commercial or professional land mobile radios without a license you are putting your business and the safety of others at risk.   VHF and UHF radios are to be approved and duly licensed unless specifically exempt (such as GMRS radios). If you are operating a VHF or UHF two-way radio, each frequency installed in the radio must be authorized by ISED (Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada).  Also, each radio owned must be licensed.

Radio frequencies are limited in Canada, therefore, ISED manages these resources to ensure no overlapping of users, availability and to ensure that the performance of these frequencies are maintained.

For more information please visit this link. Click here!

Telephone (toll-free in Canada): 1-800-667-3780