Digital signal processor advantage
The speech compressor, utilizing DSP, increases average talk power. Flexible filter settings provide for narrow band signals like e-mail, SITOR, FSK and other operation without an optional filter.
150W (PEP) of powerful output
150 Watts of power offers superior worldwide communications. A one piece, die cast aluminum chassis and a large cooling fan allow continuous transmission at full output power– very important for data communications, like e-mail.
One-touch e-mail access
An SSB first! The IC-M802 can be set to memorize your HF e-mail access frequency, mode and bandwidth settings. At sea e-mail has never been easier.
* Please consult with an HF e-mail provider for details.
Automatic antenna tuner, AT-140
An optional automatic antenna tuner, AT-140, easily connects to the IC-M802. When the tuner cannot tune the antenna, the IC-M802 bypasses the tuner and displays a warning indicator on the LCD.
- Wide band receive coverage (0.5 – 29.9999MHz)
- Remote control mic allows you to select channels directly
- Accessory RS-232C port allows connection of modem, etc.
- GPS input, NMEA 0183 version 3.01
- A headphone jack in front of the controller