Total Global Coverage, Including the Poles
The Iridium® satellite network covers the entire globe, including both poles, and can provide global communications anywhere on the planet*.
* Subscription contracts are required for using the IC-SAT100M. Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100/M may be prohibited.
Using 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100M provides low-latency communication, and broader, more reliable network coverage, compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites.
Interoperability with Conventional Radios
With a VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100M can interconnect with an IP phone, WLAN, LTE, IDAS digital*, analog transceivers and other communication systems.
* Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems.
Install the antenna unit (with RF unit) to the rooftop, and use the radio from a vehicle, indoors, or even from the basement
Easy wiring works between the antenna unit (with RF unit) and main unit using a LAN cable (Cat 5e)*1
Compatible with both 13.2 and 26.4 V DC vehicle power source
Antenna unit with RF unit: IP67, Main unit: IP54, Microphone: IP55
1500 mW powerful audio output
- Voice Recording function
- Built-in Bluetooth® capability*2
- Multiple language display ( English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish)
- Integrated GPS receiver shows received signal position
- Short Data Message
- AES 256-bit encryption for security
- Tested to the MIL-STD-810 environmental tests
*1 User supplied LAN cable is required to replace the supplied 20m LAN cable.
*2 Version without Bluetooth® also available. Ask your Dealer for details.
You can flexibly install the radio and the antenna (with RF unit) with only a LAN cable (Maximum 100 m, 328 ft). Using PoE (Power over Ethernet) capability, the main unit supplies power to the antenna unit through the LAN cable. Connect your PoE injector or switch to extend the distance between the main unit and the antenna unit. (802.11at compatible)
* User supplied LAN cable is required to replace the supplied 20 m LAN cable.
By attaching the antenna on the roof, you can use the radio in a vehicle. The IC-SAT100M has Bluetooth® capability, and allows hands-free operation*, while driving. External speaker connection and ignition sensing are possible.
*A third party accessory required. Version without Bluetooth® also available. Ask your Dealer for details.
Advanced System Examples
Low Visibility Installation for Mobile Use
The optional AH-40 antenna provides flexible antenna installation. You can replace the supplied antenna with the AH-40, and mount it on the roof instead of the RF unit. When you use a third-party antenna cover, you can cover the AH-40 making it look more discreet.
Advanced System Example with VE-PG4
The VE-PG4 is a versatile RoIP (Radio over IP network) gateway unit, which seamlessly interconnects satellite PTT radios, PMR radios, LTE radios, WLAN radios, IP phone systems, and external devices. In addition to the IP Network (LAN/WAN), the built-in LTE module* provides virtually nationwide communication coverage.
*Service availability depends on the country. Network coverage provided by a custom SIM card.
Q & A
Applicable U.S. Military Specifications
- Main unit
- Antenna unit with RF unit
- Multi-functional speaker-microphone
- OPC-2435 DC power cable
- OPC-2102 LAN cable (20 m, 65.6 ft)
- Mobile bracket for the main unit
- Antenna angle and mounting kits